We accept previously-unpublished manuscripts. Here are a few guidelines, but please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need more information.
How do I send it?
○ Copies of original manuscripts can be sent by email, normal mail or delivered by hand. We do not send manuscripts back to authors.
○ Manuscripts sent by fax will not be accepted.
○ Please keep an electronic, open version (i.e. an editable copy) on hand, should we need it.
How should it look?
○ All manuscripts must be typed, in MS Word or PDF format (.doc or .docx or .pdf), without any “WordArt” or other graphics.
○ Font: 11-14 pt. Arial, Times New Roman, Calibri or another font that is easy to read, 1.5-2 pt line spacing.
○ No double spaces, page breaks or page numbers/indications.
○ Professional editing isn’t necessary, but the manuscript should be checked for basic spelling and grammar.
○ Remember to include your complete contact details in your email.
○ Optional: Maximum three sample illustrations (low resolution, approximately 72 ppi – then no-one can use it, but we can still see) for the book. Please attach it to the email separately and don’t include it in the text.
Where do I send it?
Postal address: P O Box 36881, Menlopark, Pretoria, 0102
Street address: 65 Kremetart Street, Val de Grace, Pretoria, 0184
The fine print
○ Receipt of a manuscript will be confirmed by email.
○ We try to inform you of our decision as soon as possible, but sometimes we are busy with other projects and it can take a while for us to get around to reading your story. Please do not try to contact us repeatedly; we promise, we haven’t forgotten about your manuscript.
○ Fantasi is under no obligation to provide detailed feedback or reasons for our decision.